Sunday, March 24, 2019

Lent X: Eagerly

 . . . God; eagerly I seek you . . . 

 - From Psalm 63

Lent should be a time when we eagerly seek the relationship with God, of great men and women of faith. Wouldn't you like to see God, to be fully in His presence?

Granted, we are not likely to have the same kind of experience as Moses, or Enoch, or Christ Himself, had.

But there are documented cases where miracles were performed; where the Hand of Providence seemed to be moving human affairs, and personal decisions. There are times when I feel God more presently than at others.

Indeed, I have found that my times of greatest doubt, in a sense, provide me with the greatest evidence of God. I may doubt Him. But the Creator of the universe will never doubt me. If it were wrong, we could prove it. And we can't.

Lent: Waiting. Sacrifice. Prayer. Fasting. Meditating. Reading. Studying. Listening.

Gaining self-control and awareness.

Focus on others.

Focus on God.

Eagerly.

We're some three weeks into it, and I can't say that I have been doing much of any of it. So let's up our game. Improve our serve. Strengthen our grip.

No comments:

Post a Comment