Sunday, March 9, 2014

Getting from A to B

So Abram went . . . 

 - Genesis 12

I have dwelt a lot lately, on the topic of following God's will.

God's plan for us is a short, straight line. That is, to get where He ultimately wants us, is not a great distance, and is not fraught with obstacles.

Does that sound naive? Well, I may be wrong. But I think that the final goal is actually very simple indeed. But God's plan involves a growth plan, in which we still go off on our own way. We may even see the final outcome that God wants, and we may even be desiring to attain it. But we want to do it our way, like children. 

Rather than going from Point A to Point B (God's perfect will for us), we choose to get to Point B, via Points C, D, E, F, . . . and Z. We make it harder on ourselves. When all we need to do in the first place, is just . . . go.

It happened that way for me. I am finally ending up where God wanted me in the first place: in full-time ministry. But it's taking so long to get there. And it's my fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment