Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Shame and Grace X

... the whole creation has been groaning in labor pains ...

 - From Romans 8

Today will be the final entry in my "Shame and Grace" series. For several days, or weeks, now, I have asked if anyone would encourage me, in inviting others to a 40 Days of Grace, in Social Media.

40 days is sufficient to get beyond just a new habit. It is plenty of time to observe, and enjoy, the results of a habit change. 

If anything ever seemed wrong with your life; with the world, with reality - there is a very good reason for it. 

Wars, famines, poverty, dangerous weather, racism, sexism, immorality, greed, anger, hate, complaints, divisions . . . they are all nothing more than the labor pains of creation. The closer we get to the Consummation of the Ages, the worse things will get. Good things, seemingly, are always preceded bu a period of discomfort. 

The crazy reality of strife and anger on Social Media is part of all that. But we don't need to participate in it. Paul says that if we have hope in the Return of Christ; that we should wait patiently for His Return. We can be patient, because our hope is based on firm confidence. 

If He is coming back, and if He will restore paradise and eternal life . . . then why are we so discordant? Why so angry and frustrated?

We need not group ourselves in with those that apparently have not the patience to look for The Final Day (the First Day of Forever).

I have asked for support and encouragement in my idea to launch a 40 Days of Grace. I have asked my half dozen readers . . . just one of you . . . to let me know it's a good idea by responding with a comment on this thread: a word of encouragement. I don't know why I'm insistent on this. It just seems like the thing to do. 

I have almost two thousand Facebook friends. 

Facebook is full of too much shaming of others, and not enough extending of grace. Please let me know it's a good idea. 

It is the last time that I will ask for your encouragement, on this particular idea. Thanks for reading, and considering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment