Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Shall Have (Lake)

. . . and your wife Sarah shall have a son.

 - from Genesis 18

In one of the most memorable moments in Scripture, a visitor to the home of Abraham and Sarah, (a very old couple), announces that he will return a couple seasons hence, and Sarah will have a son.

Sarah overhears it and laughs . . . she is an old woman, beyond childbearing age.

My comments are brief today. We must recall that God does the impossible. Nothing is so important or frustrating that God can't take care of it.

Perhaps there is a troubling problem plaguing you today. Have you tried prayer?

I find that the days that I pray, go well. The days that I don't, do not go well.

If I shared this to many people, they would laugh, as Sarah laughed. There is perhaps nothing more dismissive than a mocking laugh.

But this is how prayer works, at least for me. Coincidence? Ignorant belief in superstitions?

Doesn't matter. I am not longer willing to test out the theory. I'm getting too old. The God that builds a nation from a childless elderly couple, can fix my problems.

If I ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment