Thursday, September 29, 2022

Redeems

 He redeems your life from the grave . . . 

 - From Psalm 103

This is the great Psalm that inspired Andrae Crouch to write this classic. My memories of it go back to my glorious decade, the 1980s, in which I spent every summer at one or two church camps. I had a crash course in the epic new Christian contemporary music being recorded, with regularity.

In the 1980s, my music genre of choice was Christian Contemporary. For ten years, I didn't really want to listen to anything else. 

Imagine David's musical renderings of his Psalms! We will have front-row seats at a praise concert in eternity, where King David, in his youthful form, sings them for us. Except he maybe joined on stage with the Imperials, Elvis, and Johnny Cash! Or maybe the reader, or I, will be asked to join!

Eternity is alluded to in the Psalm, as it should be. Our lives have been redeemed from the grave. This means that, although we may die and be placed in a grave; we will yet rise again when our sleeping bodies hear the Trumpet, and the voice of our Lord: "ARISE!"

Bless the Lord, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment