Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Trumpets

With trumpets and the sound of the horn shout with joy before the King, the Lord.

 - From Psalm 98

I am troubled today, with the problem of: "What now?" 

I allowed myself to take a detour in my career path, which should today be at a point of some ease and comfort. An opportunity was presented last spring, which had some prospect of solving some problems. 

But there are other developments this year, that may solve those bigger problems, but with less trouble. My decision came with great opportunity cost. I have had to give up several projects that I love very much. Projects that were getting close to completion, but must now be put on hold indefinitely.

The path I chose has been wrought with heavy anxiety on my part. My heart is troubled, tossed, and turned. There is no relief to it. I get a few moments of reprieve each night, but as the sun goes down my anxiety at what I must get up (super early) and do all over again, the next day, begins to ruin my evening. 

Other experiences that I had looked forward to, for five years, have also been put on hold, and it is in their nature, that I will never have another chance like this, to enjoy the life-enriching moments. 

Today's post is vague. It does not provide details. 

But the scripture talks about shouting before the Lord with trumpet, horns, harps . . . with clapping, etc. 

I entertain the idea that God wants me keeping music at the forefront. 

No comments:

Post a Comment