Monday, September 12, 2022

Saved

Turn to me and be saved . . . 

 - From Isaiah 45

Saved . . . from what?

A pastor once posited this question to me. We were discussing how to share the gospel with people that see no need?

Over time that has seemed ridiculous to me. At the most basic, we need to be saved from Death. The person that doesn't believe Death is a problem is naïve and a fool. There simply is no logical reason not to want to continue living. The only reason anything in life is hard, is because life will end and we feel our time is limited. 

Every problem we are facing has at the root, the fear of dying; or of dying before we're ready. But when are you really ever ready to die?

My Dad was ready to die. But if he were give one more day, without pain, he would have taken it. The elderly feel the passage of time profoundly. They want to milk what time they have left. 

This is why we should make life as wonderful as possible, for the aged, and not just leave them alone in their memories and grief (so awkward for us to deal with, yet it is our fate too).

The anxiety and sadness that is presently my continual struggle following covid, comes from my own mortality. This morning, I am considering one or two momentous and risky decisions; that will have a permanent impact. Am I seeking an easy way out, or am I finally responding to the Lord, in faith, to what He wants for me?

I approached Scripture today, seeking an answer. 

The answer is this: no matter what it is: God saves us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment